About the blog

Hello, I'm Beverly This blog is for me to share good food with you because I love exploring new food new cafes new cuisines. Don't hesitate to introduce lovely food places to me too! All photographs taken in this blog are taken by me, unless stated otherwise. Happy reading! xo

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lemon Lane, Claremont

Lemon Lane is located at a tiny lane in Bay View Terrace, in fact just a street across Claremont Quarters. The contemporary graphics on one side of the wall is probably the key factor that draws in most customers - well their cute little logo is the main thing that intrigues me to visit the cafe.

I apologize because I didn't take any photos of the interior of the cafe, but it is pretty ordinary looking with brown tables and chairs. They used to have free WiFi but apparently they took it down because the last time I asked they said it wasn't available. It might be restored, so I'm not sure about it. Lemon Lane is very busy especially in the morning because most working people and students usually drop by to do coffee takeaways - but in spite of their hectic morning business their service remains good!

Poached eggs with bacon strips and spinach in French dressing

I love this breakfast set because it makes me feel so healthy, and the presentation is so appealing. I'm just a little disappointed because the poached eggs are overcooked :(

Ham and poached eggs drenched in buttermilk and cheese sauce

This breakfast set seemed pretty special to me because that yellow sauce is definitely something new to me. However, it tastes a tad too sour for me, and I don't really like the combination of ham and egg with that weird sauce. But I'm glad that the poached eggs are nicely done, not overcooked nor too raw to be eaten.

This is the vegetarian omelette with some mushrooms inside. I would say this omelette is actually pretty average because there is no wow factor in it.

Bacon, spinach, dried tomatoes and poached eggs

This is again pretty average, well except for that special sauce (unfocused in photo). The sauce is the key thing to this dish because it really adds some flavour to the bland, boiled spinach and poached eggs! I don't know what it is made up of, but I can taste some pesto, lemon and pepper in it. This breakfast set would have been blah if it wasn't for the sauce.

ItalicCoffee takeaways - mocha.

I love the design of the paper cups and the marshmallows they offer with your drink. Their mocha is good, in fact one of the best I have tried in Perth. I like my mocha unsweetened, and their mocha suits me because the bitterness of the coffee beans does not take over the coffee.

Raspberry and Cheese muffin

All the muffins that I have tried in the past are sweet muffins, like the usual chocolate chip or blueberry muffins. This is my first time trying a sweet and savoury muffin, and I love it! The muffins are freshly baked daily and I like how you can actually chew on the raspberries in the muffin. The raspberries are so juicy and luscious while the muffin itself is soft with an outer crispy crust. The cheese itself gives the muffin a really great flavor. I tried their blueberry muffins the other day and it was really good too :)

You probably should visit Lemon Lane in the afternoon during teatime or something to try their coffee and pastries. Well that's because I don't really recommend you to try their breakfast menu :p

Location: 40 Bay View Terrace, Claremont WA 6010
Price Range: $15 ~ $20 per main + coffee
Website: http://www.lemoncafes.com.au/index.html


My Rating: 3.5/5 (Breakfast menu can be better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment