About the blog

Hello, I'm Beverly This blog is for me to share good food with you because I love exploring new food new cafes new cuisines. Don't hesitate to introduce lovely food places to me too! All photographs taken in this blog are taken by me, unless stated otherwise. Happy reading! xo

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Zekka, King Street

Zekka is located along Kings Street - a street with an array of posh and luxurious shops in the city. Zekka is actually a men's boutique, which they later expanded a cafe beside it probably to cater to their customers. I love the ambience of the cafe, the peaceful and quietness of it. Well especially the touch of 'environmental' colours in their modern design.

Chai latte, $3.80AUD

I love the blend of spices in the drink - it's so strong yet light, and I'm glad that they don't have excess milk in it like most chai lattes do. I love their chai latte - it's probably one of the best chai lattes I've ever tried. This is a Must-Try!

Mocha, $3.80AUD

I'd say this is pretty ordinary, and I hate the coffee glasses. Why can't they just stick to the traditional cups :(

There wasn't a name to this, but I'm guessing it's a quiche-like pastry. There's capsicums, onions, mushrooms, goat's cheese and spinach. It's really, really good. Fine food priced at $9.50AUD, a tad too expensive but worth it!

Banana bread with butter, $3AUD

I love, love, love their banana bread! It's different from the ones I have tried in many places because the banana taste is really strong - not artificial. You can taste it when banana flavourings are added in place of the real fruit itself, you know. Theirs is the real banana itself, but you gotta chew longer for the taste to evolve. They warmed it up and the bread tastes so good with butter. Thumbs up!

I love how simple yet stylish their paper cups look - I definitely have to visit Zekka again and do coffee takeways. Love it x

I don't know how to describe Zekka's style, but I love those weird, out-of-place decorations. And most importantly, the wooden furnitures - they appeal to me a lot.

Fashion magazines

I never expected Zekka to serve good food or coffee - I only thought that it will only be the interior design that will keep me visiting - well that's because I'm judging by the fact that it's a boutique-based cafe. But it turned out surprisingly good, and I definitely will encourage you to visit. You really should try their chai latte!

Location: 76 King Street, Perth, WA 6000
Price Range: $10 - $15
Website: http://zekka.com/

My Rating: 4.5/5 (The only thing I hate about the cafe is the music they play, it's like African / Reggae, which isn't to my liking)

No comments:

Post a Comment