About the blog

Hello, I'm Beverly This blog is for me to share good food with you because I love exploring new food new cafes new cuisines. Don't hesitate to introduce lovely food places to me too! All photographs taken in this blog are taken by me, unless stated otherwise. Happy reading! xo

Monday, November 14, 2011

Valentino, Northbridge

Valentino is an Italian-Mediterranean restaurant located at a conspicuous corner lot along James Street in Northbridge. Well if you've ever been to Northbridge you must have seen Valentino before - it's beside a square with this huge screen. Valentino itself has two storeys and a lot more tables outside the restaurant - mmhm tells us the number of customers Valentino caters to haha.

Sauteed Prawn and Chilli Linguini, $20 (small)

I thought that the prawns served would be really succulent but instead it was pretty normal (or perhaps unfresh). I love the lemon glaze in the pasta and the feta in it - yet I'd prefer less feta because I'm not a big fan of cheese :p

Fettuccine Valentino, $15 (small)

I think that this pasta is better than the sauteed prawn pasta, but again I'd prefer less cheese in my pasta. But for cheese-lovers out there, I'm sure this is just nice for you! The sauce is tasty but I feel that the bacon can be better. They probably should roast it longer :)

There are a lot more items on the menu to try and I heard they are all good. You should try their main courses because they seem so yummy! But the overall service was a little poor because it took me five minutes (waving my hands/saying 'excuse me' countless times) to get a waiter to attend to me when there were less than five tables in the restaurant. Also, I had to walk all the way from my table to the main entrance to get someone to the cashier. Well I was a little turned off, judging by the fact that it's a pretty posh restaurant and yet all I got was crappy service :/ But in favour of the food.. you should still visit :p

Location: 27 Lake Street, Northbridge, WA 6003
Price Range: $15~$25
Website: http://valentino.com.au/index.html

My Rating: 3.5/5

P/S I am currently trying to go on a diet so you'll probably see more cafe updates in my upcoming posts instead of restaurants' :)

2 comments:

  1. hi beverly! :) its me jennifer, bernie's friend.. i came across your blog and i love it!!! its all about good food. food always make you feel good. :) come and visit melbourne next time with bernie and we'll go cafes hunting together! :) anyway, nice to meet you the other day.. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jennifer! Yeah it was nice meeting you that day too. Thank you, I really appreciate your comment :) I hope we have the chance to go cafe-hunting in Melbourne too! All the best there and I'm sure we'll meet again hehe.

    x

    ReplyDelete